For as long as I can remember, I’ve been picking up on people’s vibes! I actually used to think their emotions were mine. Luckily now, I know how to make sure I don’t take them on as my own. In the past, it didn’t matter if someone was speaking or not, I felt their EVERYTHING: depression, anger, sadness, anxiety. I was confused because I had no reason to be feeling those emotions and I didn’t understand why my mood was shifting. I later found out that I was an empath. An empath is a fancy word for someone that picks up on the emotions that are attached to a person, place, or thing. Here are 7 questions to ask yourself, to see if you were graced with this fancy title of being an Empath.
1. Have you been told you’re overly sensitive or anxious?
2. Does your mood fluctuate easily, when you’re around certain people?
3. Do you find yourself solving everyone’s problems?
4. Do you feel tired after giving your listening ear to a friend?
5. Are you known for your compassionate heart?
6. Do people tell you how great they feel after talking with you and you all of a sudden feel drained?
7. Do you feel like you are looking for that escape route when you’re in a public place or party?
If you’ve answered YES to the majority of these questions, you are most likely an empath.
Being an Empath has its benefits, but if you don’t know how to manage all of the energy coming into your field, it can be overwhelming.
Here are just 3 of the many tips you can use, to live an enriched life, while still being an empath 1. Know your boundaries: This means limiting your time with people that may drain your energy.
2. Hydrate your body: Drink plenty of water because you will need even more as an empath.
3. Take a breather: Step outside to get fresh air, ground & release the energy. If you feel as though you may be an empath, share your experience in the comments below.